With 2014 underway, diet, fitness and overall health top the resolution lists. I am one of the many that attempt to partake in a healthy lifestyle but I often wonder if I am paying too much for my gym membership or latest cleanse, because after all, eating well and staying active can be pricey. Below are a few tips to help curb the cost while curbing your waist line.
Sales of gym memberships peak during the month of January, which means more competition between gyms to get your business. There are a few things to consider before committing to any particular gym.
- Location. Make sure your gym is located in a convenient spot, close to work or home. This will make a world of difference when you’re debating on whether to hit or skip the gym. 24 Hour Fitness tends to have multiple convenient locations (I should know, I am member). Check out all of their locations here and receive a free trial week.
- Cost. We all want our gym membership to be affordable, however a gym membership that gets lost in your bank statement because it doesn’t cost much can be problematic. If you attend your gym great! But if you keep telling yourself you’ll go next week and never follow through, cancel that membership and find a better fitness option for yourself.
- Fit. A huge mega gym may not be a good fit for you, maybe you would benefit from a smaller studio or even personal training. Unfortunately most one-on-one training tends to be pretty pricey, so before you pull the trigger see if the gym or personal trainer offers a free week/session or at least a discounted rate for first time customers.
Home Training Options
If the thought of working out with others makes you want to run for the hills, there are plenty of awesome at-home training options. We scoured the web to find some of the most unique options, and found a few promotional deals to add in there as well.
- ITRAIN is a fitness product that allows users to download personalized trainer workouts onto any MP3 player. You are able to customize your workouts to your specific needs, and the best part is you can take it wherever you go. Grab an extra 10% off with promo code ITRAIN10 and start working out today!
- If you already know what type of fitness routine works for you, it may be smart to invest in at-home gym equipment. Bowflex offers top-notch gym equipment, and right now they are offering up to $600 off with free shipping. Use promo code FITIN14 at checkout, but hurry this offer ends Feb. 13, 2014.
- If you are looking for a quick but intense workout, P90X3 is a great option for you. These at-home workout sessions provide individuals with quick but satisfying workouts each time.
Regardless of your choice, fitness is a smart investment if you find the right fit for you AND your wallet.