Do you ever worry that your home owners insurance doesn’t cover the things you really need it to, like everyday repairs in your home? That’s because it doesn’t. That where home warranty services come in. And HomeServe USA reviews show it as one of the top-rated home warranty services available, which can make it a good financial decision for anyone looking to insure the parts of their home not covered by home owners insurance.
What Is HomeServe USA?
HomeServe USA is an independent, leading provider of home repair service plans. For more than a decade, they have protected homeowners against the expense and inconvenience of water, sewer, electrical, heating, cooling and other home emergencies by providing affordable coverage and quality service.
- HomeServe USA has served customers throughout North America since 2003.
- They offer services with more than 40 utility and manufacturer partner brands in the United States and Alberta, Canada.
- Municipalities have solicited coverage from HomeServe, as have water providers.
- HomeServe USA administers home repair plans for more than 2.3 million customers who hold more than 3.5 million plans.
- HomeServe USA is North American arm of HomeServe PLC, a London Stock Exchange-listed company.
What Does HomeServe USA Offer?
HomeServe USA offers repair plans that help protect homeowners from the high cost and hassle of covered home repairs. Most basic homeowners insurance policies and local utility companies or municipalities do not cover repairs to/replacement of the major systems in and around your home if due to normal wear and tear.
HomeServe USA repair plans cover parts and labor to repair or replace critical water, plumbing, electrical, gas, heating and cooling systems due to breakdown as a result of normal wear and tear, but not accident or negligence. In addition to repair plans, HomeServe USA also offers other repair solutions, including on-demand repair services.
HomeServe USA Reviews
- Best For: Homeowners looking to financially protect themselves from the costly effects of repairs to their home systems and major appliances
- Prices: Competitive prices are determined by your specific coverage needs and location of your home. Fees are paid on a monthly basis.
- Promptness: A group of pre-screened, local technicians ensure repairs are never far away. Repairs are guaranteed for a full year.
- Reliability: Customer service repair hotline is available 24/7, and there are no hidden costs, deductibles or service fees.
HomeServe USA Home Repair Services
HomeServe USA offers comprehensive plumbing repair plans that cover most major sources of plumbing issues.
Exterior water service line repair coverage extends from all points between the main water line to the entry point of the home. With age and weather, exterior pipes can experience significant corrosion, causing leaks and breaks when line protection fails. Most of the time these types of repairs are not covered by a homeowner’s policy, so water line coverage is the only means of protection.
HomeServe USA also provides affordable repair plans for interior plumbing and drainage needs. As a home gets older, its pipes can become brittle and susceptible to cracks, especially at bends and junctions. When this happens within the walls of your home, it can lead to other substantial damages, including mold that can sicken your entire family.
The final major plumbing coverage is equally significant. By purchasing a repair policy for the exterior sewer line or septic tank, you are protecting yourself against a potential major expense. Since sewer lines and septic tanks are always buried deep underground, repairs are typically quite expensive simply due to the labor involved.
While home repairs are usually associated with plumbing, electrical or HVAC work, appliances are just as likely to cause major disruptions in your life. Since the factory warranties are usually lacking in their coverage and expire before they’re even needed, appliance repair management from HomeServe USA can be a beneficial addition to your family’s collective peace of mind. HomeServe USA has three appliance plans to choose from:
With their Kitchen Appliance Repair Plus coverage, HomeServe USA provides repair coverage for your refrigerator, built-in microwave, stove, oven, range and dishwasher. Given the amount of use all of these appliances absorb on a daily basis, the Kitchen Appliance Repair Plus policy provides protection against the inevitable.
HomeServe USA also offers Laundry Appliance Repair Plus coverage to cover your washer and dryer. Just like the kitchen appliances, your laundry appliances take a significant amount of abuse simply due to the frequency they’re used. Thankfully, HomeServe USA can step in and handle the financial side of repairs when your washer and dryer require service.
For those looking for more comprehensive coverage, HomeServe USA also offers their Home Appliance Repair Plus coverage that includes everything from the kitchen and laundry appliance policies. This is the most popular of their appliances coverage lines, and it offers a discount when compared to the kitchen and laundry appliance policies purchased separately.
Heating & Cooling
The heating and cooling packages from HomeServe USA cover a huge variety of costly repair needs for your home, including:
- Water Heater
- Cooling System
- Heating System
- Interior Gas Line
- Heating System Preventative Maintenance
Not all homes have all of these features. HomeServe USA understands this variability and instead offers each feature individually, so the homeowner is not forced to purchase unneeded coverage. With the hot summer months and freezing winters covering a significant portion of the country, heating and cooling coverage often comes in handy when you least expect it. It is also certainly appreciated when in working order.
HomeServe USA offers electrical coverage for both interior and exterior electrical needs. Between the climate, age, and wear and tear, electrical systems can have short shelf lives. Since nearly everything in your home runs on electricity, repair coverage is always a prudent decision given how much we depend on electricity for basic living needs.
How HomeServe Insurance Works
HomeServe USA offers their various coverage packages for a monthly fee, which is determined by your coverage needs and where you live. Some of their specific features are unique within the home warranty industry and make HomeServe USA exceptional.
- Repair Hotline 24/7: Customer service is available all day and night, every day of the week. Since home systems and appliances have a way of breaking down at all hours, the 24/7 support is extremely helpful when life has a surprise in store for you. Customer service staff will offer quick and efficient handling when a major breakdown occurs.
- Send a Licensed Technician: HomeServe USA works with a pre-screened group of highly trained technicians who are able to reach to your home in no time. By using local experts throughout the country, a HomeServe USA technician equipped to handle your specific needs is always close by. HomeServe solicits only the most qualified local technicians to join their repair network.
- Pay $0 for Repairs: There are no hidden fees or surprises. You pay no deductible or out of pocket expenses for your repair, up to the maximum benefit amount in your coverage limits. This includes service calls for the technician and ancillary repairs that are a part of your covered service order.
HomeServe USA Summary
HomeServe USA is a reliable, reputable company that does exactly what it says it does, never relying on an empty customer promise. They offer repair coverage plans for the major systems and appliances, and they have a customer base of more than 2.3 million homeowners. Affordable repair coverage can provide invaluable peace of mind in our fast-paced lives. While HomeServe USA can’t prevent breakdowns, it can certainly provide comfort when they happen.