Are Daily Deal Sites like Groupon and Living Social Worth it?
5 Tips to Follow
3) Buy items/services you already use. This will be the biggest money saver of all. If you see a merchant or restaurant offered you normally use or have been meaning to try, buy that voucher. For example, I recently purchased a Whole Foods voucher from Groupon because I’m a sucker for their salad bar, so for me that was a smart purchase.
4) Check the refund policy, LivingSocialallows shoppers to:
- Get a full refund on any unredeemed, unscheduled Voucher within seven days of purchase.
- After the first seven days, you can exchange an unredeemed, unscheduled Voucher until it expires for the paid value in Deal Bucks.
Groupon has a very similar policy depending on the voucher purchased.
5) Don’t blindly buy an item or service, reviews are your friend. Check out the reputation of that cleaning service or nail salon before you open that wallet of yours.