There are so many rewards credit cards around now that it can feel overwhelming trying to figure out which one is right for you. So we did some digging to find which are the best rewards credit cards out there, weighing the different rewards and features and picking the cards that give you the most money for your membership. Here’s how we did it:
Criteria We Used to Find Best Credit Cards
Introductory rewards: These are the rewards you get when you first sign up for the card, such as getting 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $500 within the first 3 months. Our top card below gives you $400 when you spend $1,000, which is kind of insane.
Overall rewards: These are any rewards the card comes with, whether it be their cash back percentage (Discover it offers 5% cash back on certain categories) or other cash back or reward bonuses that you can accrue.
Fees: Does the card have an annual fee or a late fee? Cards without fees are better, of course. We tried to pick cards that have no annual fees, even if it is just for the first year.
Best APR: Many cards give you an introductory period with a 0% APR, so you aren’t paying any interest for up to a year and half. It’s an essential bonus feature to have on any card. Also, having a low APR overall will make it easier on your wallet if you do have to pay interest eventually.
Best Card with Cash Back Perks: Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard®
- Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into your bank account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- 0% intro APR for the first 12 months on purchases. Plus, you’ll get 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, currently 15.24%, 19.24% or 23.24%, depending on your creditworthiness
- No annual fee
Best Credit Card with Ongoing Low Interest Rate: Barclaycard® Ring MasterCard®
- No Balance Transfer Fees – start saving immediately!
- A low variable APR on balance transfers and purchases
- No Annual Fee
- Choose your card benefits and features
- Get rewarded through the new Giveback™ program, where Barclaycard Ring members get money back for good performance
- Get exclusive access to our online community and vote on the card features you like and view the financials of the Barclaycard Ring MasterCard online
- Learn more about personal finance from Barclaycard and other members
- Complimentary FICO® Credit Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
Best for Average Credit: Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard®
- 2X points on gas, utility and grocery store (excluding Target® and Walmart®) purchases. 1x points on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Points don’t expire as long as account is open, active and in good standing
- Redeem points for deposits to a U.S. checking or savings account, statement credits or gift cards, starting at 1,000 points for $10
- No limit on the number of points you can earn or redeem
- Free online access to FICO® Credit Score lets you keep an eye on your credit and get alerts when we learn that your score has changed
- Use your card with confidence, $0 Fraud Liability protection means you’re not responsible for unauthorized charges you report to us
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad