Reader Question: I’m looking for a credit card with a low APR, which one is the best?
Answer: It depends on what you are looking for. If you want a low APR card because you want to do a balance transfer, you should look for a card with a long 0% intro APR, like the Barclay card below. If you are looking to transfer a balance that will take more than a year to pay off, you should get a card that has a constantly low APR, like the Ring Mastercard below. If you are just looking for a credit card with the lowest APR with the best reward, check out the Discover card below. Each offer different APRs that can be used for different reasons.
Best Overall Low APR Credit Card: Barclaycard® Ring MasterCard®
- No balance transfer fees – start saving immediately!
- A low 8% variable APR on balance transfers and purchases
- No annual fees
- Choose your card benefits and features
- Get rewarded through the new Giveback(TM) program, where Barclaycard Ring members get money back for good performance
- Get exclusive access to our online community and vote on the card features you like and view the financials of the Barclaycard Ring MasterCard online
- Learn more about personal finance from Barclaycard and other members
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
Best Credit Card with Longest 0% Intro APR: Discover it® Card
- 0% intro APR on purchases & balance transfers for 14 months – then a variable purchase APR applies,currently 10.99% – 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- Over 7,000 cardmembers rated 4.8 out of 5 stars* and J.D. Power awarded Discover “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014.”+
- 5% Cashback Bonus for gas and ground transportation on up to $1500 in purchases from Jan. through Mar. 2015 after you sign up for 5% Cashback Bonus. 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Free FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, online and in our mobile app.*
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment , APR won’t go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it’s unusual, you’re alerted by e-mail, phone or text – and never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
- 100% U.S.- based customer service – day or night.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms and other info by clicking “Apply.”