Reader Question: I’m looking for a credit card with a low APR, which one is the best?
Answer: It depends on what you are looking for. If you want a low APR card because you want to do a balance transfer, you should look for a card with a long 0% intro APR, like the Barclay card below. If you are looking to transfer a balance that will take more than a year to pay off, you should get a card that has a constantly low APR, like the Ring Mastercard below. If you are just looking for a credit card with the lowest APR with the best reward, check out the Discover card below. Each offer different APRs that can be used for different reasons.
Best Overall Low APR Credit Card: Barclaycard® Ring MasterCard®
- No Balance Transfer Fees – start saving immediately!
- A low variable APR on balance transfers and purchases
- No Annual Fee
- Choose your card benefits and features
- Get rewarded through the new Giveback™ program, where Barclaycard Ring members get money back for good performance
- Get exclusive access to our online community and vote on the card features you like and view the financials of the Barclaycard Ring MasterCard online
- Learn more about personal finance from Barclaycard and other members
- Complimentary FICO® Credit Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
Best Credit Card with Longest 0% Intro APR: Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard®
- Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into your bank account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- 0% intro APR for the first 12 months on purchases. Plus, you’ll get 0% introductory APR for the first 12 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, currently 15.24%, 19.24% or 23.24%, depending on your creditworthiness
- No annual fee